Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Appraisal of ES1102


Although my English was not that good, I was still upset when I had to take the Qualifying English Test (QET) and take up this extra module, ES1102. My fear for this module grew when I realised that the tutor for my class A5 was an American as I have trouble understanding the non-Singaporean accents. However, I was wrong. I can understand every word that Brad said and, in fact, I had much fun attending these classes. Brad always encourages us with his little stories so that we have confidence in our writings. Brad was really a nice and caring tutor and I am very grateful that he tried hard to reduce our workload.

The ES1102 lessons have taught me new knowledge in areas like citing in APA style, editing text and writing a reader response. They also helped me to relearn my grammar and I have a better understanding when to use "simple past tense" and "past participle" now. (eg “verb + ed” vs “had verb + ed”)

I believe I have made the right choice of taking up this module in the first semester in my first year.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Ying Hui, for this mid term appraisal of the course. It's always reassuring for a teacher to hear from a student that the course they are working together in is actually of value. I'm also really glad that you find my American English comprehensible, my stories relevant and my general efforts helpful for you. You've worked hard and made great progress this term, which is the key point. Thank YOU for everything!

    ReplyDelete