Monday, November 10, 2014

presentation reflection

The problem of 'stage fright' has always been the greatest issue I have when I have to do a presentation. Thus, I have difficulty engaging my audience and making eye contact with my audience in today's presentation.

Although I have spent quite some time to prepare my presentation, I fail to realise that my presentation lacks the element of clarity. I guess this problem arises because I forget that my audience does not know the background knowledge of my essay.

I am glad that ES1102 provides us this opportunity to do an individual presentation and allow me to realise what I am lacking in. Also, I would like to thank Brad and the rest of my peers who give me their sincere feedback so that I can improve my presentation skills!

Gamsahabnida (Thank you)!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Ying Hui, for this honest reflection, and for working so hard on the presentation itself. I have no doubt that in your next essay, just like in your next presentation, you will benefit by the great effort you made in ES1102.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ying Hui!

    I think you were very brave to choose digital divide in North Korea as your area of study. I enjoyed your presentation, especially how you tried to get the audience identify the similarities between kpop stars (and their sponsorships of tech products) in the beginning - as I wouldn't have noticed that till you mentioned it. However, I do believe you can maintain more eye contact and speak in a more confident tone, which helps in engaging with the audience.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ying Hui!

    I think it was good that you did something different from the rest of the class. From your presentation, I could see that you have tried to solve the problems that we tried to identify before the submission of draft 2. (: During your presentation, it will be good to have more eye contact with the audience and try not to speak too fast as I could not get what you were talking at times. Other than that, I felt that the slides were good as I can still remember some of the photos you shown us.

    Thanks!
    Lyndsey

    ReplyDelete